- 'Extreme position' makes time trial bikes 'dangerous' to train with on road - Pidcock
Time trial bikes are becoming too dangerous for riders to train with on public roads, says Egan Bernal's Ineos team-mate Tom Pidcock.
BBC News. Wed, 26 Jan 2022 18:23:42 GMT.
- Highway Code overhaul that tells cyclists to pedal in the middle of the road takes effect in DAYS
From next week, a new 'hierarchy of road users' will come into effect which will mean drivers have more responsibility to give way to cyclists and pedestrians when at junctions.
Daily Mail. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:11:00 +0000.
- Arrest made in unsolved 2012 gun murder of British trio in French Alps
Saad al-Hilli, 50, his wife, Ikbal, 47, her mother Suhaila al-Allaf, 74, and a French cyclist were shot dead on a road near Annecy.
Margaret Davis. The Independent. Wed, 12 Jan 2022 11:35:47 GMT.
- Television producer cleared of deliberately causing car to crash into his bike
Prosecutors claimed Paul Crompton had deliberately blocked the path of driver Derek Pipe in 2020 in a road rage incident.
Nina Lloyd. The Independent. Thu, 06 Jan 2022 20:05:21 GMT.
- Dutch road champion Pieters to be moved to hospital in Netherlands
Dutch cyclist Amy Pieters to be transferred to a hospital in the Netherlands to continue treatment following a fall in training.
BBC News. Wed, 05 Jan 2022 18:56:15 GMT.
- TfL Official Requested To Digitally Remove Close Overtake Of Cyclist From Suspended $1.3m TV Ad
A highly-placed Transport for London (TfL) official wanted to digitally alter a road safety TV advertisement after it was scathingly reviewed on social media.
By Carlton Reid, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 30 Dec 2021 12:12:18 -0500.
- Auto racer Alex Zanardi released from hospital 18 months after cycling crash
Auto racer and Paralympic hand cyclist Alex Zanardi has been released from the hospital 18 months after suffering head injuries in a road accident.
Gary Gastelu. Fox News. Tue, 21 Dec 2021 17:41:35 GMT.
- Set electric bikes free in Sydney: productivity report
Speed and power caps on electric bikes should be lifted in NSW to increase their takeup as a viable transport solution, reduce road traffic and boost cargo delivery efficiency, a new report suggests.
Tom Rabe. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 05:00:00 +1100.
- Blaze at Pipit Road block caused by power-assisted bike, 90 residents evacuated
While there were no casualties, an SCDF paramedic assessed two people for breathing difficulties.
Straits Times. Thu, 11 Nov 2021 08:33:09 +0800.
- How Do Retroreflectors Give You Super Vision at Night?
The tiny optical devices turn up in lane markers, road signs, bike gear and even on the moon, helping us see under low-light conditions.
Rhett Allain. Wired. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 11:00:00 +0000.
- Road Information Pages (Information)
Information and imagery about roads are the focus of this road
page, where visitors can find informative articles and captioned images about road-related themes.
The word road is an adjective. Road means (1) working for a short time in different places.
Road is also a noun that means (1) a way or means to achieve something, (2) an open way (generally public) for travel or transportation.
Bicycle Lane and Sidewalk Along a Paved Urban Road
Copyright © 2012-2022 Bicycle-News.org. All rights reserved.