- Cycling: Switzerland coach Hondo sacked after doping confession
Switzerland coach Danilo Hondo has been sacked with immediate effect after the German said he was involved in blood doping, the Swiss Cycling federation said in a statement on Sunday.
Reuters. Sun, 12 May 2019 14:23:56 -0400.
- Cycling: Colombian Pantano suspended after failing drug test
Colombian rider Jarlinson Pantano has been suspended after failing a drug test during an out-of-competition doping control carried out by the Cycling Antidoping Foundation in February, his team Trek-Segafredo said on Monday.
Reuters. Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:14:20 -0400.
- UCI provisionally suspends Preidler and Denifl after blood doping confessions
The UCI has announced that it has provisionally suspended Georg Preidler and Stefan Denifl in the wake of the Austrian riders' recent confessions to blood doping offences. ...
Cycling News. Tue, 05 Mar 2019 13:54:00 +0000.
- Madiot expresses 'surprise' and 'enormous disappointment' at Preidler doping confession
Groupama-FDJ manager Marc Madiot has expressed his "surprise" and "enormous disappointment" his rider Georg Preidler's confession to extracting blood for a possible transfusion. ...
Cycling News. Mon, 04 Mar 2019 16:45:00 +0000.
- Cyclist admits blood doping amid investigations into network
The blood doping case which started with police raids at the Nordic skiing world championships four days ago spread to cycling on Sunday.
Fox News. Sun, 03 Mar 2019 15:45:53 GMT.
- Lance Armstrong says his family was 'saved' by his Uber investment that was 'too good to be true'
The ex-professional cyclist, stripped of all seven Tour de France titles after engineering one of the most sophisticated doping schemes in sport, has made up to $50m from investing in Uber
Sports Staff. The Independent. Fri, 07 Dec 2018 08:35:00 +0000.
- Lance Armstrong says his investment in Uber 'saved our family'
Lance Armstrong's early investment of $100,000 in Uber has multiplied in value. Armstrong tells CNBC the investment has "saved" his family after being forced to pay millions in settlements over his doping as an elite cyclist.
CNBC. Thu, 06 Dec 2018 13:21 GMT.
- Former Armstrong team manager gets lifetime ban from cycling
Lance Armstrong's former team manager has been given a lifetime ban from cycling for his role in a doping program that helped Armstrong win the Tour de France seven times. Johan Bruyneel had been serving a 10-year ban. ...
Jim Vertuno. Washington Times. Wed, 24 Oct 2018 20:52:31 -0400.
- Geraint Thomas of Team Sky Wins Tour de France
Thomas and his teammates endured plenty of scorn on the tour, mostly over a doping investigation involving Chris Froome. But Thomas emerged with the yellow jersey.
The Associated Press. New York Times. Sun, 29 Jul 2018 21:30:46 GMT.